Thursday, June 28, 2007

A Day with Danny Trejo, by Jake and Paul

Me and my dad went to Winston-Salem to go on a movie set called Eyeborg. My dad's friend Kenny invited us.

About a half an hour after we got there we went to go to craft services, and my dad whispered to me "There he is" and I said "really"? When we went past him he looked at me and said "Hey there's a spy kid"! Danny Trejo was in Spy Kids and many other movies.

And my dad Said "Trejo what's up," and then he said "my name's Danny," and I said "hey my name's Jacob." Then he said, "let's have a picture later."

Then we went into the main room to just check out what was going on, but nothing so far. Then we went back to craft services and then I was looking at the Gatorades and my dad said let's get a picture with him, and here they are.


Paul writes: Danny Trejo is the movie world's consummate bad guy, having killed or been killed hundreds of times in movies. He's worked with George Clooney, Harrison Ford, Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez, among many, many others. But what a super-nice guy. Look for him to play the lead in his own movie soon, the Robert Rodriguez-directed "Machete."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Jake, that's really cool! He sounds super nice.

Two questions: did you get to see that tattoo on his chest (is it real?) and what are craft services? Those of us not in show biz want to know!

Anonymous said...

I knew sooner or later your dad was going to get you involved in the business. Who knows, maybe one day you'll be as famous as Leo di Caprio. So, just in case, would you mind sending me your autograph right now? It might be harder to get it later. If you do that, I'll put it away safely, and later on, when you're making millions of dollars as a Hollywood celebrity, I can retrieve it and show it to my friends!

Anonymous said...

Jake,
is that the uncle in Spy Kids? If it is, [I havent watched Spy Kids in a loong time..]then I know who you're talking about. That's cool!

Anonymous said...

The tattoo on his chest is real. Also it is of his wife.
The craft services are like French fries and muffins and a lot of other good things,and also it is where the actors go to eat food.


Natalie,yeah he's the uncle, that gives them all those gadgets