Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Mary Banman

What are three things that happened in the month of May that were pretty exciting?

* My month of May had a highlight of me having cataract surgery with a lens implant on my right eye. No pain and about two weeks of my eye looking like I had been in a fight but I am so pleased because my vision is so much better - almost 20/20. I'm looking forward to having my left eye done in July.

* Also in May I have two grandsons who excelled in sports. Craig with all of his track and field success and Jake with his baseball team taking first place in their league. I'm proud of both of you. Congratulations!!

* Twenty ladies from my Sunday School class went to a very nice barbecue lunch (which I organized) to Pisgah View Ranch which is about 45 minutes from Asheville. Beautiful country and a great meal and lots of visiting. I do enjoy those ladies!

Is there anything in June that looks pretty darn interesting or fun?

On June 22 I will be going to Switzerland for two weeks. Bill and Irene invited me to be their guest. I've never been to Europe so I am very excited about going. We'll be flying to Zurich and then take a three hour train ride to Lenk which is where we'll stay in a chalet. Cyndy and Sherry and families will also be there some of the time. This area is surrounded by the Alps so I know it will beautiful. We'll do sightseeing and I'm sure do some hiking.

No comments: