Friday, August 17, 2007

Ciao!!!, by Audrey

Ciao!!!

So umm... I kind of umm... you know... (cough, cough) lost and forgot the questions I was supposed to answer here... HOWEVER, here is some of the news from Italy:

1. I am here and I am alive!!! woohoo!!

2. The family here is amazing. They are all super nice, loving, and altogether the best family I could have possibly asked for. Ive had a couple talks already with the mom about the rest of my stay here and have relaxed a lot about it. She really does want me to have the best experience here I can possibly have. Giorgia, the older sister, is a LOT like me. We are alike in terms of the music we listen to, the movies we like (by the way, the entire family loves Peter Pan! Giorgia also went through a crazy fase about it, but they all love it!!! its crazy), clothes we like, etc. Filippo (age 14..today!) is the sweetest boy in the world. Full of energy and with the biggest heart, you always know where he is and what hes feeling. Hes lots of fun to be around. Lulu is only 8 years old and is the cutest little thing in the world! Shes the baby of the family, and I think that even when they dont agree on anything else, everyone LOVES Lulu very very much. And Dario (the father) is pretty quiet, but always trying to make sure Im okay and that I have what I need, got enough to eat, like what Im eating, etc.

3. They have a motorhome which we took to Paris!! Woohoo!! Oh, it awesome! I was there for a full three days. By the way, they even had a Starbucks and Claires there! I was pretty amazed. We visited the outside of the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame.........and even Disneyland! Lulu went there with a friend and her family (which is actually the reason we went in the first place: to pick her up.) Fi, Gio, and I used their tickets for an hour to go into the actual park (I had to pretend to be 11...=P).
4. School only starts on September 11. I know...lucky day, right? Oh well. And since Fi and Gio both have extracurricular activites (soccer and choir so far), the plan is to look for a dance place for me when we settle down again in Turin. Apparently tango is the fashion here and theres a really good school near their house, so I might do that. Who knows? I might come back a fancy tango dancer and show off to my teacher (who refused to teach tango to me while I was there). Oh, and Federica is going to get a year long bus ticket for me, Fi, and Gio, which I can use freely as soon as I learn to get around here. Plus, shes giving me a celphone so that she can contact me anytime. And rules for going out are: She needs to know where and with who. If Im gonna come back late, its no problem as long as she can pick me up herself (she stays up for a long time).

5. Im still suffering with Italian, but slowly.... io sono imparando (I am learning).

Now I think Im going to go rest and sleep... Im exhausted from the travel. Although all of this is fun, it is also very tiring.

Un bacio a tutti! (A kiss to all)

Ciao!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Audrey, you are one AMAZING gal! Paris! Love your pictures. Here in NC we're thinking of you always.

Anonymous said...

Audrey,
Christine actually believed you were in Paris...hahahahaha!!
She didn't realize the pictures backgrounds were photoshopied.

Audrey said...

lol thanks dad... hehe
chris, i was in paris!!